Monday, February 18, 2008

8 month mark...



Wedding updates:
Flowers: Brandon and I met with the florist and got everything settled. We are really excited about it. It will be a little different, but really pretty. I can't wait to see it all together. The flower girls are going to wear flower halos and it is going to be so adorable.
Cake: We have talked about switching the cake up a little more than what I had previously posted. We are meeting with baker in April and will have details to come. For dessert we are tossing around the idea of serving pie instead of cake (staying within the fall theme) but have not decided anything in stone yet. What do you think?
Invitations: I have been working with some different ideas and have decided to go with a leaf theme for the invitations. Really simple, but cute and along with the theme of things. I am doing them myself, and will be working on them over the next couple of months, yay for something to do!
Save-the-dates: Our checklist has announced its time to get those together, so B and I have been throwing some ideas around. Look forward to them coming around in the near future!
Bridesmaids: Remember any RED hue of dress and gold shoes and jewelry (both your choice). And that is Gold-Gold, not the bronzey-gold (thanks Karpy for clarifying! heh). Please let me know when you get your dress and I would love to see pics!

Brandon updates: Finished with his Washington, PA training and will be in Jamestown, NY for 6 weeks. I told him that IF he shoots a turkey, we can incorporate the feathers in the groomsmen's boutonnieres. He is too happy and desperate now to shoot one. hah. He's still totally handsome too, by the way.

Tabitha updates: Still working for Scantron and is back and forth to NYC every few weeks. I am looking into the process for switching my NY teaching liscense to PA so that next year, wherever we may be, I can get my own classroom again; I really miss the kids.

Miss you all and love you! We are both so excited for all the upcoming events and to be with all of you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

about the pie instead of a cake idea, when we went to georgia for john and cathy's wedding they had a pie and i think it was in 2 tiers actually and it was nice.


and yes, i still look at your blogs :)

Anonymous said...

kara- i love you for replying:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lovebirds,

Everything sounds great. I like the pie idea, it is something different! Can't wait to start looking for my dress. It is getting closer and closer. Don't rush it because it goes way to fast!! Miss ya both! Love,
Stef